You know very well that I’m against plastic surgery, I’ve already written about it here. However, I love the look of plump lips, so…
I figured out a way to make my lips look bigger without having to insert needles into them. I’ve been using this trick forever and I even wrote about it on my site before, but it’s been such a long time, we need a recap ASAP.
I’m not a makeup guru or anything, but I think I cracked the code of “natural looking” pouty lips. My lips are quite big already, but this trick I use makes them look even bigger. I swear by this super quick procedure, so let’s get right to it.
1. To start, apply some moisturizer to your lips.
2. Grab an eyebrow pencil – I use a super cheap Maybelline pencil in Dark Brown that I got at a pharmacy for my eyebrows at first, but the tint was off so I ended up using it on my lips. It needs to be an eyebrow pencil, by the way, lip liners don’t smudge as well.
3. Overdraw your lips. The line you make should be outside of your natural lip line.
(I bite my lips until they bleed – the two red spots on my lower lip are from my bad habit, not from lip injections… or am I lying? Suspense!)
4. Beauuutiful straight out of 90s look.
5. Smudge the pencil line with your finger until it leaves a “natural” looking fade line.
Here’s a before/after closeup so you can see the difference and thank the universe for creating eyebrow pencils.